A blog is a very valuable tool for your business as it gives you an easy and cost-effective way to publish and share information with your clients, prospects and the wider world/audience.
You can also promote your expertise, products and services, and help build brand awareness.
According to a 2009 study by Rick Burnes at HubSpot, companies who blog get 55% more website visitors than businesses without blogs.
Below are just a few more reasons why you should consider getting a blog started for your company.
- It is cost effective. You are able to create new articles on your website without having to get a web developer to create new pages.
- The content on your blog will boost your site’s rankings in search engines, leading to more traffic and more enquiries.
- Your blog is the best place to manage all of your content marketing efforts. Your updates on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn can all link back to your blog.
- A blog is useful for media relations. You can post press releases and, in a crisis, you can write up-to-date blog posts to keep media informed of ongoing issues.
- Blogs are ideal for providing your audience with a look at the ‘human’ side of your organisation as well as showcasing the fun and cool things you do in the community.
There are some great New Zealand company blogs e.g. the Xero blog and Trademe’s Announcements. It’s easy to find interesting, relevant content and when you read it you feel like you’re getting an insight into what makes these companies tick.
If you’re thinking about getting a blog, get in touch with us today.