[Amended from Monday, because an iPhone Twitter photo app has changed its name and become a paid app – MM 6 April 2011]
We’re getting really excited about MediaSense, which is happening this Friday at Black Barn Winery. Hopefully your plans are coming together for making it to the venue.
Just a few tips about social media use on the day itself…
MediaSense is a conference about social media. And social media is all about dialog, interaction and taking part.
So if you want to get the most out of the event, you need to come prepared…
- Make sure you have a Twitter account set up before you get here
- I have created a Twitter list for MediaSense. You can find it here: https://twitter.com/#!/list/MogulWebsites/mediasense
- I’ve already added about 30 attendees and speakers to the list. We want everybody to be included on this list, so please reply to this email and tell me what your Twitter handle is and I will add you to the list.
- Follow the MediaSense Twitter list (https://twitter.com/#!/list/MogulWebsites/mediasense) This will give you an insight into the people who are coming to the conference, and who you might want to talk to.
- On the day, please bring a mobile device, preferably a smartphone, iPad, or (really old school!) a laptop.
- If you have a smartphone , make sure you download a photo upload app to your phone. We recommend the following apps: if you’ve got an iPhone, use ImageTwit or the Twitter app for iPhone and if you’re using an Android device, get ‘Picture Tweeter’. This is really important, because we’ll be running a few fun promos around photo sharing on the day, and if you don’t take part, you’ll miss out!
- It’s not rude to tweet while at the conference. If you want to tweet about what’s happening at the conference, the hashtag we’ll be using is #mediasensenz. And use this hashtag between now and Friday to connect to the other attendees and let everybody else know about how excited you are about coming to this awesome event!
Please let us know if you’ve got any questions. Otherwise, we’re looking forward to seeing you here in Hawke’s Bay on Friday!